Pink Vail™ is the world's biggest ski day to conquer cancer.
DATE: Saturday, March 21, 2015
TIME: Day-of event check-in and registration opens at 8:30 AM
LOCATION: Top of Vail Mountain at Eagle's Nest Ridge
EVENT CHECK-IN & REGISTRATION
- Pre-event check-in and registration will take place on the following dates.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015 | 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM | Jack’s Place in Edwards
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015 | 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM | Grand View Room in Vail
- Day-of event check-in and registration will be at the top of Eagle's Nest at Pink Vail Headquarters
- Participants check in as individuals. Meet your teammates at the top of the gondola to ski for the day!
- Parking is not included in your registration fee. Please keep in mind parking structures fill up early on the weekends.
- Lift tickets are not included in the price of registration.
- If you sign up as a Pink Vail participant, but don't have a lift ticket or ski pass, you can still be a part of the day. Thanks to our partner, Vail Mountain, we have a limited number of foot passes valid for a ride up and down the Eagle Bahn Gondola. To make sure we have enough passes, you will need to request a pass by emailing us at Liz.Pyke@vvmc.com or calling (970) 569-7752 by March 10, 2015. On March 21, 2015, stop by the Pink Vail tent at the base of the Eagle Bahn Gondola to pick up your foot pass. Please keep in mind that lift operators will not allow foot passengers to carry any gear (boots, skis, snowboards) on the lift. When you get to the top, check in at Pink Vail Headquarters for your credential and goodies!
- Participants will receive:
- Pink Vail credential and lanyard
- Pink Vail trail map with Checkpoint Challenge decks clearly marked
- Discounts for shops and restaurants in Lionshead
- Pink Vail hat for those who have raised $50+
- Stop by the tribute banner on the deck outside Pink Vail Headquarters and write the name of a loved one who has fought a battle with cancer.
- Gather your teammates and friends for a photo on the pink carpet.
- Photos will be posted to Epic Mix and facebook.com/shawcancercenter. Tag yourself and your friends!
- Checkpoints: Visit three famous Vail Mountain decks.
- Games, music, and prizes at each deck!
- Pink Vail volunteers will be stationed at each deck to punch your
credential. Complete an entry card at each deck for chances to win great prizes - if you visit all three decks, you'll receive three entries!
- Join us for live music at Pink Vail Headquarters
- Get out your pink! Gather your team together and come dressed up for Pink Vail. Prizes will be awarded for top costumes.
- Join us at Pink Vail Headquarters in the afternoon for food, drinks and entertainment. This is the time to decorate your ski down bibs, hear from Shaw friends and rally around our united fight against cancer.
- Awards for top fundraising individuals; teams, best individual; team costumes and Checkpoint Challenge winners will take place in the afternoon at Pink Vail Headquarters. Time TBD
celebration ski down
- Survivors, friends, family, and those skiing in honor of a loved one are encouraged to ski down - time TBD.
- If you don't plan to ski down, please grab a Pink Vail cowbell and join the CHEER ZONE at the base of the Eagle Bahn Gondola as we welcome in the Celebration Ski Down.
- A list of Lionshead restaurants and bars with Pink Vail specials will be included in the Pink Vail trail map. Continue the party at one of these participating venues, many of which will donate a portion of their proceeds to Pink Vail.
- Pink Vail t-shirts, sweatshirts and beanies will be available for sale all day in the Pink Vail Tent at the top of the mountain.
- Vail has created a Pink Vail EpicMix pin - everyone skiing at Pink Vail will earn the pin!