Pink Vail™ is the world's biggest ski day to conquer cancer.
DATE: 2015 date TBD - stay tuned!
TIME: Day-of event check-in and registration opens at 8:30 AM
LOCATION: Top of Vail Mountain at Eagle's Nest Ridge
EVENT CHECK-IN & REGISTRATION
- Pre-event check-in and registration will take place on the following dates.
- April 1, 7 AM-7 PM | Jack's Place in Edwards
- April 2, 4-7 PM | The Grand View Room at the top of the Lionshead Parking Structure
- Day-of event check-in and registration takes place on the top of Vail Mountain at Eagle's Nest Ridge. Take the Eagle Bahn Gondola to the top of the mountain - you won't be able to miss the giant pink tent!
- Participants check in as individuals. Meet your teammates at the top of the gondola to ski for the day!
- Parking is not included in your registration fee. Please keep in mind parking structures fill up early on the weekends.
- Lift tickets are not included in the price of registration.
- If you sign up as a Pink Vail participant, but don't have a lift ticket or ski pass, you can still be a part of the day. Thanks to our partner, Vail Mountain, we have a limited number of foot passes valid for a ride up and down the Eagle Bahn Gondola. To make sure we have enough passes, you will need to request a pass by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (970) 569-7752 by Friday, March 28th. On April 5th, stop by the Pink Vail tent at the base of the Eagle Bahn Gondola to pick up your foot pass. Please keep in mind that lift operators will not allow foot passengers to carry any gear (boots, skis, snowboards) on the lift. When you get to the top, check in at Pink Vail Headquarters for your credential and goodies!
- Participants will receive:
- Pink Vail credential and lanyard
- Pink Vail trail map (with Checkpoint Challenge decks clearly marked)
- Pink Vail beanie for those who have raised $50+
- A gift card for a free burger at Larkburger
- New this year, stop by the tribute banner on the deck outside Pink Vail Headquarters and write the name of a loved one who has fought a battle with cancer.
photo booth | 10 am-3 pm
- Gather your teammates and friends for a photo on the pink carpet.
- Photos will be posted to Epic Mix and facebook.com/shawcancercenter. Tag yourself and your friends!
checkpoint challenge | 10 am - 2 pm
- Checkpoints: Jebbie's Deck Island Party by Maui Jim, Henry's Hut Disco Party by Howard Head Sports Medicine,
and Two Elk Deck Country Hoedown by FirstBank
- Games, goodies, and prizes at each deck!
- Pink Vail volunteers will be stationed at each deck to punch your
credential. Complete an entry card at each deck for chances to win great prizes - if you visit all three decks, you'll receive three entries!
live music | 1:30 - 3 PM
- Hardscrabble will play on the Pink Vail Stage near Eagle's Nest from 1:30-3 PM! Enjoy live bluegrass and our Crazy Mountain Pink Vail Fruit Ale.
Costume contest | 2-2:30 PM
- Enter the Costume Contest between 2 and 2:30 PM at the Pink Vail tent for a chance to win incredible prizes.
- Judging concludes at 2:30 PM and awards will be announced at 3 PM.
- Must be a registered participant to be eligible for the Costume Contest.
spirit rally | 2:30 PM
- Participants of the Celebration Ski Down should meet at Eagle's Nest to decorate Ski Down bibs; hear from Shaw friends; enjoy snacks, drinks and music; and rally around our united fight against cancer.
AWARDS | 3 PM
- Join us at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola in the Pink Vail tent for the awards ceremony. Prizes will be awarded to the top individual and team fundraisers, the best costumes, and Checkpoint Challenge winners.
celebration ski down | 3:30 pm
- Survivors, friends, family, and those skiing in honor of a loved one are encouraged to ski down Simba Run into Lionshead.
- If you don't plan to ski down, please grab a Pink Vail cowbell and join the CHEER ZONE at the base of the Eagle Bahn Gondola as we welcome in the Celebration Ski Down.
- A list of Lionshead restaurants and bars with Pink Vail specials will be included in the Pink Vail trail map. Continue the party at one of these participating venues, many of which will donate a portion of their proceeds to Pink Vail.
- Pink Vail t-shirts, sweatshirts and beanies will be available for sale all day in the Pink Vail Tent at the top of the mountain.
- Vail has created a Pink Vail EpicMix pin - everyone skiing at Pink Vail will earn the pin!